India has become a popular travel destination, especially for those with adventure in mind. It has lots of adventurous activities to keep you engaged throughout a vacation. You can choose to go far north to the mountains or head to the beaches. Manali, Himachal Pradesh is among the most adventurous locations you can choose in India. It is a hill station nestled in the mountains and you will just love the views here. If you love the outdoors, then it makes the perfect place for you with plenty of exciting places to visit and numerous activities to do.
1. Solang Valley - It is a primary attraction in Manali attracting travelers in summer for adventure sports and in winter for the snow. Ponyrides, yak rides, quad bike rides, and zorbing are some of the fun activities in summer while you can snowboard and ski in winter.
2. Beas River - You can refresh your soul just sitting or walking around this powerful river. If you feel more excited you can raft down the river or enjoy some flying fox across the river.
3. Jogini waterfall - It is located behind the hills in Vashist and offers an impressive view. Get more from it by enjoying and invigorating dip in the chilly waters and be enchanted by the beautiful surroundings.
4. Van Vihar National Park - It is one of the highly visited locations and is on Mall Road opposite Tibetan market. You will love the huge deodar tree here offering cool shade and picnic spots you can enjoy with your family. There are cement and wooden benches to sit and relax.
5. Rohtang Pass - It is a popular day trip with high elevations and beautiful views. The snow is the major attraction on the pass especially because it is usually among the last to clear off snow. On top of the pass is an igloo shaped temple Beas Kund that has a spring from Beas River.
6. Nehru Kund - Is a natural spring few kilometers from Manali and named after Prime Minister Lal Nehru who used to drink water here on the journey to Manali. It is along the Manali - Keylong Road.
7. Malana - This hamlet is below Chanderkhani Pass and has small cluster of stone roof houses. The major highlight of the village is the Temple of Jamlu dedicated to God Jamlu the spirit of the village.
8. Hadimba Temple - It is in Dhungri forest and is a four tiered pagoda dating back to 1553. It has wood carvings and you can enjoy Yak rides or photo poses with huge fluffy angora rabbits. You may be lucky to enjoy Dhungi Mela festival help here annually in mid-May.
9. Manali Nature Park - You will love a stroll through thick cedar trees in the park that borders Beas River. It has a mystical, magical feel to it, thanks to the dense tree shield.
10. Old Manali - a relatively peaceful village uphill above Manali town with a traveler center that is laid back. Small shops, cafes and guest houses line the road and you have Manu temple sitting right at the top.
11. Vashist - It is opposite Beas river and makes a great traveller hangout complete with inexpensive guesthouses. The Reiki center is the highlight here where you can enjoy therapies like tarot, past life regression, Reiki and massage. There are hot springs and temples too.
12. The mountains - Manali makes base for trekking and the Himalayan trails are some of the best with amazing outdoor activities. You can also try out Yak and Yeti guided day hikes or Himalayan Caravan Adventure.
Hotels in Manali are quite comfy and relaxing. You can also check out hotels in Shimla for a stay you are bound to enjoy.